The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I lost my tank to hurricane Katrina I've spent the last few months planning what I wanted to set up in it's place. In the past most of my tanks have been mixed SPS, LPS, and softie tanks with a DSB. After a lot of reading I've decided on a trying a SPS only BB tank. The tank should be here this week. I'll use some of my old equiptment on this one, plus upgrade a few things.

Tank Specs:

Tank: 60 Gallon glass tank (24x24x24) with an internal overflow and drilled for two closed loops.

Lighting: A single 250 watt MH with a 12K ReefLux bulb and a Lumenarc reflector.

Skimmer: Octopus Needlewheel 200, rated for 250 gallon tank.

Pumps: GX2400 (635 gph) for the return pump. GX8500 (2249 GPH) for the first closed loop using a Califo style manifold around the top with a nozzle in each corner. GX4100 (1085 GPH) for the second closed loop running along the bottom to keep all the junk off the bottom.

I haven't decided what to use for calicum yet, either a calcium reactor or a Kalk reactor. I've also got to work on a sump design for this tank.

See anything I'm leaving out? Please feel free to make suggestions.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Welcome to TRT.Why only one bulb they only light a 2 ft area any vho supplemental light?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Casey said:
Welcome to TRT.Why only one bulb they only light a 2 ft area any vho supplemental light?
It's only a 2 foot tank (24" cube). I think I have an extra 400 watt MH ballast around here somewhere, but that seemed like a little too much for the tank.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I would run the 400 right in the center if you have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts