The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my bday is coming up on the 1st and I already know my wife will be getting me the micro 30 nuvo reef ready aquarium and stand from bulkreefsupply.com. I would like it to be an anemeone tank and would like to hear some options of stocking, including the diffrent types of anemeones. What I have now that will be going into the tank is one false percula clown. I also plan a dsb proly around 4 inchs. So lets hear what you would stock it with and help me with this build! Thanks

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
what are you going to do for lighting? flow you cant go wrong with a mp-10 or 2. for a first nem i would suggest bubble tips, you get a nice range of colors to choose from and they can tolerate a decent amount of abuse. you want to wait until your tank has been up and running for 6 months at the very least before adding a nem tho. i would skip the dsb and go an inch of sand or no sand at all its a pain to keep it clean otherwise. you cant keep to much more than a pair of clowns fish wise in a 30 nuvo, maybe a blenny and a possum wrasse or goby. but cant get too crazy

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was wondering how the lights are that come with that setup. I know it an led light fixture and assume its good for a reef setup since that's how bulkreefsuply advertises it. If not I would proly get a t5 ho fixture. And I had a Cindy anemeone at one time. But the bubble tips do look nice. And as far as the sand don't the anemeones like to bury there foot in the sand? That's why I was figuring deep bed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
some anemones do, but most find holes and crevices in the rocks. as for the lights im assuming they arent worth much. maybe keep some softies alive.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I was wondering bout the lights. Idk if I should even try them or scrap them right off. Here's the specs tho.

Features:
Micro 30 Nuvo Aquarium
30 Gallon Capacity
8 mm Bent Glass - No Seams
Tempered Glass Lid & Clips
Dimensions: 19.69" x 19.02" x 19.02"

Skkye Light LED
1 Watt High Brightness
120 Lumens per watt
Uniform reflectors through Individual Reflectors
Individual Rotary Dimming Dials - Daylight/Actinic
Passive Cooling
Silent Operation
3 Cycle Illumination - 14K Daylight, 456nm Sunrise/Sunset, 446nm Lunar
Independent Power Cords

Other Features:
317 GPH Pump Included
Acrylic Filter Wall with Dual Overflow Boxes
Low Voltage Transformer
Actively Cooled with frameless, quiet fan
Thermally protected
2 Media Baskets
Flare Nozzle
Designated Heater Column and Refugium Column
Mechanical Sponge, Activated Sponge and Phosphate Sponge included

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol ok. So is there a better " reef ready " setup that would have the lights, tank, and stand in one complete package? Asking cause this was why the wife wanted to buy the nuvo setup for me, so I wouldn't be forking out much more $$$ lol ( I love my 100 gallon lol )

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh is that how that works.... Hmm ok mayb I need 2 rethink the tank setup. But I'm still doing the anemeone tank so stocking option would still be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep. I like your idea of maybe a lawnmower blenny and the pair of clowns. Just wondering if thetes something else that I dont have already. And what I should avoid with an anemeone tank.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
bta's aren't aggressive fish eaters, but any nem will do so if given the chance. so youll want to keep enough rock open for fish to hide in. there are lots of options, really whatever strikes your fancy with the fish, just be smart and choose small fish. clowns + blenny and maybe 1-2 others prolly max it out. but if one or two of those are tiny gobies you may be able to get away with more

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree with the gobies - they are my favorites! My green clown is def my fav - even more than my flame angel! The yellow clowns are cute too - lots of personality!

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Go check out like aquaria or blue zoo aquatics they both have a nano section. I would say you can probally git 3 possibly 4 fish depending on sizes. Clown gobies are tiny I have one in my nephews ten if it wasnt always perched in a spag leather probally would never see the thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts