The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paging Dr. Rigging... Dr. Jerry Rigging

So I use a attachment to run my RO/DI off my faucet rather than plumb it. With less than a year before I sell the house, I am in no mood to start now. THere is a little plastic switch which allows me to either force water to the RO or allow it to flow out into the sink. Well, I dropped it and one side broke. When turning it on water shot impressively across the kitchen. I decided rather than try to find this part, which I cannibalized from a stand alone DI setup I had from my FW days, I would just superglue it into the closed position forcing water into the RO. I let it dry and when I glued it.... I glued it into the open position where it just let's water pass through. :lol:

I had to rip out an O-ring, bend one of my wife's kitchen knives and break out the pliers to get it apart. Now I have replaced the O ring with copious amounts of superglue and hoping ti will hold pressure when dry. I don't believe i will be letting it run while I leave the house any time soon :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Some things just shouldn't be posted. :) J/k. Don't you hate it when you break the 20 cent piece of a $400 piece of equipment but could never in a million years find just that little part? TGFHD (home depot). Hope it works out well, if not, you can get a little clamp valve to go on a copper line, when you sell the house close the valve and leave it there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts