The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question, i just recently got a derasa clam and i had put it in the sand bed originally but i also have a yellow headed sleeper goby that loves to pick up the sand and swims half way up my tank and drops the sand everywhere, by him doing that it gets in the clam and i was just curious if this would be irritating to the clam and make him sick and potentially kill him. i have moved him to a rock thats just above half way of the tank. should i leave him on the rock or move it back into the sand bed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats why i moved him. im not sure what was going on, he would only stay open about 25% and he wont let his mantle out. i moved him to the rock like i said and he opened up but wouldnt let his mantle out and now he is back to the 25% open no idea what to do. im pretty new to the saltwater game and i hope i am not sounding to much like a newbie. i do appreciate the help also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its been roughly 2 months, the water and everything i got was already seasoned and ready to go. maybe within those few months something went out of whack, i just tested the water and the nitrites and nitrates and such where all in the safe area. im not totally sure what you mean by parameters?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its been running for a little over 2 months. its a 40 gallon with a t5 ho light and a emperor 280 filter thats full of live rock. i also have a cleaning crew of snails and the hermit crabs and a couple shrimps. will those help with water quality?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AquaticLife™ 24 Inch T5 High Output Lamps with 2 Lunar LEDs

T5 HO Light Fixtures These AquaticLife™ T5 HO fixtures offer 420/460 nm, 700+ nm and Lunar light in one streamlined unit.
Timer controls T5 HO Fluorescent Lamps and Lunar LED`s independently.
Adjustable width Aquarium Frame Mounts support fixture above the aquarium.
Gloss finish front side compliments the matte finish on top and ends of the fixture.
German-made specially angled reflector maximizes light by directing it into the aquarium.
Suspension Ports allow connection to optional cables for various mounting configurations
Four Sleek Fixtures

Lamps Included:
(2) 24" T5 HO 24W 420/460 Lamps
(2) 24" T5 HO 24W 700+ Lamps
(2) 1W Lunar LED`s

i pulled this off a website.

·
The Dude
468 Posts
That type of clam is usually found on rocks anyways. Sometimes found in sand. So if he looks good up higher keep him there. Closer to the light can only help the clam. Unless you have really strong lights that is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts