The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, should we rush into adding a final person on the BOD? Give pros and cons of each....with the addition of Curtis, we have a member that is both active on the forum and at the meetings.....I would love to find someone else like him and not rush into adding someone just for the sake of adding....I am not even sure we need to add the last BOD member.....but I want to hear your thoughts.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I'm in favor of waiting a few months.

I've looked at the attendees since 10/02 and came up with 4 people to consider for the BOD: Maria, Lori Hunt, Doug McIntyre and Jenn.

I don't know how I'd feel if another sponsor became a BOD member. I don't think it matters to me, but it may matter to others; like other sponsors.

I was considering Maria rather strongly since she'd be more included, which I would hope would translate into more involvement, but now with her father's unfortunate death, I'm in favor of waiting.

Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in favor off what is best for the club. I know everyone's schedules and priorities are different and not everyone can always be available for the club even though really want too. If having more BODs means that it will help balance out the responsibilites so it's not on the shoulders of the few that have been so dedicated, I'm all for it.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
I'm in favor of waiting. This late in the year I don't see the need to fill it just for voting purposes.

This is the first I've heard about Maria's Father. What happened? I met him at the Jan meeting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts