The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since this forum is pretty devoid of life at the moment, I figured a great way to get it jump-started would be to start a thread where we consolidate the clam pictures we've posted in other fora.
When you post your picture, could you please list the place you acquired it (for the curious souls) and it's size.

I'll start it off with a picture of my squamosa. I bought it through liveaquaria (sight unseen). It's about 2 1/2" across the mantle.

Now that I have my halide in I'll be looking into getting a couple of maxima's in the near future.

(And to Buzz Hog... this is for pictures of 'ocean' clams... :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Here's a not so good pic of my baby Max (taken with a digital camcorder, don't have the $ for a camera too yet). Looking at it from straight above it is actually teal green, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
This picture is not an accurate representation of the color of this clam. I can't get a decent overhead shot of it where it looks best. This clam was 3 3/8" when I got it several months ago. It came from Marine Fish in Marietta. They carry a lot of nice clams.

Nice clams everyone.:) Casey I think you need a couple more.;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... of course we all get humbled by Casey and his horde... :D
It's amazing how many different colors they come in.
Great pix everybody. :D

Mrs. Smith... your maxima has fantastic coloration... reminds me of a paint job I saw on a car once... changes color in the light. :)

David.

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
LOL Mike!

OK I don't have clams like that. I don't even have good clam pictures of the ones I do have.

On the rock pile on the left, The very bottom of the rock sticking out the most to the right (in the middle of the picture). You can just barely make out two clams attached to the bottom of the rock next to the sand. :(

That's it. They're not even pretty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to say, but I'm clamless. (So far)

So how much did you all pay for your clams? (ballpark figures okay.) The only ones I see here in NYC are about $100 for a 2-3" clam. Is that a good price?

B

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.