The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i just got a new pin point pH monitor from Tony (Xaoss23):thumbup:

Question is that is came with some solutions how do i know which one to use?

It didn't come with any directions on how to use this thing so i am lost.:read: :read:

Any help is welcome!

Thanks,
Tim

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
hey Tim, there must be some numbers on the soulutions. one should be a 7.0 and the other should be 10.0. Use the 7.0 one first and then turn the little 4.0 screw till you get a 7 on the dot reading then do the same for the 10. If you do not have these solutions you may want to look into getting some from your LFS or online dealer. HTH :)

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
I am not sure but I don't think so, also be very careful with the probe end. There are four(very delicate) teeth on the end and if they break off it can skew the readings

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Tim rinse the probe with ro water and blot it with a paper towel before putting the probe into another bottle other than that you have it down on calibrating.

·
Registered
456 Posts
xtopher said:
hey Tim, there must be some numbers on the soulutions. one should be a 7.0 and the other should be 10.0. Use the 7.0 one first and then turn the little 4.0 screw till you get a 7 on the dot reading then do the same for the 10. If you do not have these solutions you may want to look into getting some from your LFS or online dealer. HTH :)
I just got mine last night....put the probe in the 7.0 first. turn the 7 dial to read 7 exactly. Rinse probe with room temp water. Put probe in either the 4.0 or the 10.00. turn the 4/10 dial to match either the 4 or the 10 reading. Rinse. Re-test again...then you are good to go.

·
Registered
284 Posts
xtopher said:
I am not sure but I don't think so, also be very careful with the probe end. There are four(very delicate) teeth on the end and if they break off it can skew the readings
hey one of my teeth on the end of the probe is slightly bent inwards do you think this can effect the readings?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts