The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a condy in my cube about 4 months. He seems to be dieing. My question is if I have enough lighting. Lfs said yes and they had a carpet in there display forever. Appeared to be sameone{I actually want it cause it looked better than carpets in the sale tank but they wouldnt sell it}Anyway does anyone know if anemones can be kept for a decent amount of time in these tanks? Water is great so I know it isnt that. I really would like to keep some kind of anemone in this tank but I wont keep replacing them if my lighting is killing it. Any suggestions?

:dance:

·
Registered
84 Posts
A 12 gallon tank is not suitable for a Carpet Anemone. They require at least 30 gallons. The lighting (I'm assumming you have 24 watts, or 2 watts/gallon) is not sufficient either. Carpet anemones need high lighting, the same or even higher than what a Condy requires. If the Condy is not surviving in your current system, a Carpet will not either. Anemones are very difficult to maintain. If you want something similar, torch corals or long tentacle plate corals are great, if you don't have a clownfish that is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Always remember there purpose is to make money off of you, and employees at some shops don't know what best for these animals, due to lack of experience and knowledge that is required to keep these animals thriving. Web disscussion boards like this is a great way to learn and research before making any purchases. Always check your water quality on regluar schedule, perform regluar water changes, and provide intense lighting for these animals and petty much what nk290 stated. Hope this helps out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts