The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was cleaning my tank today and looking close at one of my live rock pieces and noticed in different places there is like pink bubble looking creatures!?!?!? What is this? I tried taking pictures but too small. It kinda looks like tiny bubble coral or maybe anemone? I dont know.:eek:

·
Administrator
18,746 Posts
The photo is a bit blurry, but it looks like it might be cyano bacteria growing on the rock. Try lightly brushing it off (use a glove just in case it isn't cyano) and see what happens. If it brushes off easily that's likely what it is. This is common in new tanks or tanks with high nutrients (nitrates and/or phosphates).

A photo tip that I've found works for taking tank shots is to use macro mode on the camera. That's the mode indicated by the little flower on the setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I was cleaning my tank today and looking close at one of my live rock pieces and noticed in different places there is like pink bubble looking creatures!?!?!? What is this? I tried taking pictures but too small. It kinda looks like tiny bubble coral or maybe anemone? I dont know.:eek:
I have these too what is it?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts