The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooooo my tank is about 4 months old and ive noticed these patches of pink looking spots on my rock and some of my rock are almost bright green is this normal? its only a few rocks the rest of my rock is off white/light tan. water is zero across the board except PH 8.0 salinity is 1.025 calcium is 380 i can try to get good pics if anyone needs some :)

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
I have a bright green area that only shows green when the Blue atnics and 12k lights are off. Also figured out its a mirco film algae in my case. The rock underneath is pure white dead sponge. Snail comes through every couple days and cleans the green shading off of it, and its white for a few days then it turns back to green .....then the snail returns heh its a cycle. Its a nice feeding bed for couple of my snails :)

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
pink spots are likely corraline algae, which is good. Green can a different kind of corraline, or any of a number of other algae types. Typically, if it is a hard algae that can be scraped like chalk, it is ok. If it is growing like a plant, might not be good. That being said, some of those are fine too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts