The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my crocea clam has been acting up lately, In other threads I posted issues with trumpet corals and hammer corals and we concluded it was due to the addition of a biopellet reactor and GFO reactor too quickly... after removing the GFO and reducing the pellets all came back to normal except the clam. This pic is the most it has opened in the last 3 days, it actually opens up more at night to this level (still not fully) and closes when the daylight bulbs come on. About a month ago I changed one of the 6k bulbs for an aquablue the other daylight and two actinics have not changed. Does this look like PMD? it does release brownish almost spiderweb like mucus every so often, but still reacts to shadows, lights and fish nearby etc. I have seen one hermit crab picking stuff off its outer shell but that is it... Any ideas??

Here is the thread where I initially got the clam, since then the damaged mantle did completely heal, which was a good sign, and the clam opened up fully and happily for about three weeks before this all started:-/
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f92/new-to-clams-crocea-question-180592.html

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its just odd lol, it doesnt seem to be pinched in any oen spot per se, it just closed....I left my circulation fan off today by accident and it opened a bit, after i turned the fans back on it opened a bit more which is promising, but still random... the mantle is slightly less open at the top/back, but I hope its just recovering from schock

All the clam fanatics must be on vaca! :-/

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone searching for info on their clam. Mine ended up not being PMD. I moved it a bit higher in the rock on a flatter platform and began adding iodide explicitly versus through a essential elements mix, and now he is back to normal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.