The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Columbia Marine Aquarium Club meeting in Charleston, SC, last night and came home with a bunch of new tankmates. Now on to the photos.

I bought 3 baby Yellow Kelloggi Seahorses for my wife as she only had 1 adult and it was all alone in the 50 gallon tank. They are captive bred and even though a mysid shrimp is almost as big as their head they are able to eat them without any problems.
Here is a shot of one of them.

I also picked up a Powder Blue Tang:

A Yellow Tang:

A new coral of the month frag for $10, I think it is a Echinopyllia (sp?) but am not really sure about it as everyone was talking when they said the name:

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
I love the PBT!!! They are my favorite. That is the one of the first fish I will pick up when I eventually get out of the parents basement and into my own place! I am thinking atleast a 225 and I will then use my 90 for a frag tank...but that is a ways off! Anyway I LOVE the new additions...:drool:

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Thanks Randy. Hopefully I will start collecting some more zoos and be able to have some available for next years picnic. I figure I better start planning now as it may actually take me that long to get something going with them.
That is what I am trying to do. I found a local source at 1 dollar a polyp, just have to get ready for them. He has about 10 different kinds. I figure 5 polyps of each to get it started, see where it is in a year.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
We just gotta make sure Mel has a softie tank by then. She said she likes the softies better than the stonies.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Just to let you know... you suck! I want a PBT so bad... especially that big one that he had there!

Oh yeah...congrats anyway... you still suck..LOL

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to let you know... you suck! I want a PBT so bad... especially that big one that he had there!

Oh yeah...congrats anyway... you still suck..LOL

You know, the big one is still there as I only wanted a small one. ;) The coupon is still good until Tuesday I think. So I got him for $69.99 instead of $135. Ron says he likes me because I am frugal and know where the sales are. If I suck because of that then so be it. :thumbup: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great shots, thanks for sharing! Hope the pbt works out well, I love those fish!
Thanks Chris! I have wanted one for quite some time as well and have been waiting to find some smaller ones. This store has an awesome trade in policy for when it eventually gets too big for my tank and needs a new home. :beer:

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This was really cool and unexpected.

When I went to feed Mysis and Brine Shrimp tonight, I figured the usual characters would eat it and it would be business as usual. I was totally shocked to see the PBT come flying across the front of the tank sucking in as many Mysis as it could get.

I have also seen him pecking at the rocks for algae, so at least I know he is eating without any problems.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
That's good... yeah i get the same thing when i fed my tank.. the Scopas and the Female Clown are nose to nose on a chunk of Rods..LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts