The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**update 07/02/13 - have had a terrible accident happen...lost 90% of what you will see in pictures below...the last post is the update on this..:(** below is when i started the thread and you will see the tank evolve, see the below original post when the thread started **

hi everyone just a quick update of the riverreef 94l -and the start of my build thread!! hope you enjoy the pics...still dealing with cyano issues...going but slowly.

---- ill be updating pics -- now is my build thread!!!full tank progress Pics further down as well-- and i have a few questions i need help with along the way.
anyway hope u like it! ( full tank shots below)

Have i added too many corals?

Hows my aquascape? Too compact?

Few upgrades in mind, i will ask my questions below.

love some feed back or ideas!!

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a few more pics

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dusk light (on for 1hr after main lights go out) and more pics - (few posts below show new dusklights with TMC Aquaray flexi led strip)

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
last ones for now... check my profile album if you want to see the progression from the first few weeks of tank life

**some full tank shots below (progression from about 8 months ago to a few weeks ago)

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
love some feed back
Beautiful tank! To be honest, I think that what you're trying to do is more difficult than maintaining a SPS reef. Trying to run a relatively nutrient rich system to keep all the softies happy, while keeping nuisance organisms, like hair algae and cyano, under control can be very challenging. Overall, I think you're doing a good job of it though. If I had to make one suggestion, it would be to invest in some Mexican turbo snails.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Full tank shots...

Full tank shots...

do you mean the blasto mike ? --- sorry. I mean gsp.

sorry for the late add on!

Thanks to everyone, its been a mission getting it to where it is today and lots of investing in corals!

The first one is around 4 months after i first set up the tank had a big GHA problem for numerous reasons...its been a battle but im winning!!

(The Toadstool got too big after a while and had to be fragged, then removed when it got big again and is now banished to quarentine)

the last one is about a month ago. the individual corals above were taken around 2 weeks ago. Forgot to take a tank shot!

*** apologies for the poor pictures im hoping to get a decent camera soon ****

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does any one have any ideas why my blastomussa welsi isnt growing new skeleton well? It just seems to be growing out the side instead is that normal?

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rustl3r,- spot feeding the candy canes every three or 4 days for the seems to keep mine happy atleast, i think so? i do dose and test for kent - iodine and red sea no3 po4 reducer and two fishes Calc part a and b. I thought the overcrowding is going to cause problems with chem warfare? Fingers crossed none yet, but i could see this being all out war!

had and emerald for about 6 months and one day he started ripping apart my zoas and palys , along with a camel shrimp... Both banished to quarentine/ turned 9 gal reef/ micro frag tank...For now.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a humbug damsel.

Yea agreed may up my clean up crew. Currently have on cb shrimp, two brittle stars, red legged and blue legged hermits, two turbo snails and few slugs. Do u think that is enough? Or should i get more? And what would help?

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im thinking of adding the aquaray blue leds to the lid of my tank. Can anyone tell me if this will be of great benefit or not? The strip is adhesive so i can just stick this to the under side. I have an interpet white led added already to the back for dusk and additional white light.

How much A difference will the blue strip make, is it worth it?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.