The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been practicing with the camera. I seem to be taking better pics now...yay!

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Li-Think it looks like the sexy favia? I am willing to frag it or sell it. That goes for pretty much anything pictured, except the echino, that is still pretty small.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Is there a macro option? It may be a pic of a flower or something like that on the back next to the button. Thats how to turn it on on mine anyways. I am sure you heard it before but when I was asking about pics everone had the same advice. Turn off pumps use a tripod and take the pic with the macro option but make the area you want to take a pic be small in the middle of your viewer then zoom in on the computer.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a really nice camera. It specifically has a aquarium macro setting for exposure and such, and it has the macro and super macro function. The reason the pics are blurry is that for the super macro mode you need to be less the 7cm from the subject and I couldnt get the camera that close with the tripod. The lense is about the diameter of a hair away from the glass in most of the pics. I got some sweet closeups of the favia.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
matt- can you pm me you phone # and cell again? I did some cleran up and erased it. I can do tomorrow?

·
feet/ankles/fish
330 Posts
i've found that the pictures come out better if i position the camera a foot or so away from the tank, on a tripod, and then do the zooming from there

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the super macro function has a set focus distance. If I get too far away it goes out of focus. I will try some more tonight. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
epidemic said:
matt- can you pm me you phone # and cell again? I did some cleran up and erased it. I can do tomorrow?
i see, guess i know where we stand...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts