The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just wanted to put up pics of my new tank and see if there are any suggestions or comments it is new so don't be too harsh :funny:

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
i like it so far will look great when you fill it up with coral

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
always... Wait

hurry up and wait!

when it comes to our reef tanks waiting is close to the best thing we can do, they need time to rest between changes, so add some good lights (if you have not already) then wait, then add a coral, then wait, then wait, then add some more ;)

looking good, also just make sure the flow is good though those rocks.

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
so how long have you had it setup , i'm guessing it's all cycled since you have so really pretty fish in there.do you have a clean up crew yet? if not i would go check out reefcleaners.org they have packages for the tank size with everthing you need in it. as far as corals it all depends on what you like , for me i love the softys i like the way they move in the current.
what kind of lights do you have on there

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have plenty of light i think with 4 t5's and a strong led in the middle, and my water flow comes from a wave maker that moves the top and an internal pump that has a good current in the water. the tank has been up for three going on 4 months

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
sounds like your right on track . have you been testing the water and your using ro/di water right i started mine with tap didnt know better at the time the good guys and girls here told me about ro/di and since i changed no more nasty stuff like algae and hardy and nitrates

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
thanks yeah i hate the way my phone make pics look green next thing on list is a new camera mine was like 4 years old and been through heck .those pics were from last sunday i had to move the tank to the new stand so everythings still getting settled back in. my kenya trees are still a little closed and so it my long zennia hope it comes back out soon my clown is mad lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts