The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadnt put anything in my tank for a long time so last week my g/f and I went shopping around. I found a couple pieces, and I think Ive learned a lil bit on how to use my camera properly so here are some pics.

all are under 10k and actinic pc lighting

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looks great! you mastered that camera! what is that to the left of the feather duster in the pic with the yellow polyps?

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its just a piece of of bleached coral that im using to mount some yellow pollyps that fell off the other rock. Just letting them set themselves on that new rock so I can transfer some polyps to my g/f's tank

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the leather is finally starting to look nice. When I had first gotten it, the bottom was starting to decompose. So I had to slice the top off and now its finally attached itself and seems to be growing a new trunk

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats the good thing about softies. You can basically chop it up into little pieces and get a coral out of each piece. I figured that I would cut the top off and I kept both pieces to see if maybe the trunk wouldve survived. Thank goodness I did the cutting since the whole trunk turned white like a week later

·
Registered
328 Posts
afbengochea said:
Im going to look into getting a cheap tripod so I can actually take a steady picture. I had to use the headrest to my computer chair to stabilize my camera while I was taking them
sams club sells a kodak tripod for 15-20$

1 - 20 of 25 Posts