The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
took some pics of my 10g tank tonight, please excuse the huge amounts of algae, we're going through a time in a tank's life where it's body starts to change and it starts to realize new things about itself, including acne, amongst other things
full tank:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Much nicer subject line -- don't you think ??

Especially since I know we have a few 14 year olds (both girls and boys) who read this forum from time to time.

Charles

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the hate....25 views and no responses (^^^that's not really a response)

PS: no sweat, I understand

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
latazyo --- unfortunatly I live in the middle of nowhere and I have one of those 56k deals --- and it's not even close to that on a good day.

So --- I'm sure you have a nice tank but It would take forever to load for me to actually see the pics.

In the future if you start a thread of pics take your best pic and post that first. If you then post your other pics in the same thread but individual posts that makes it much nicer on the slow connections.

Usually we can wait for the first pic to load then press stop and we still get to see something.

Having all your pics in one post --- you usually have to wait for 2 or more pics to load which can seem like forever depending on connection speed.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DONE and DONE...I'm quite versed in the appropriate actions and message board demeanor, however, I was not aware of 56k's huge handicap...
right corner: candy cane, colt, gsp, monti dig, monti cap, cyano, macro, hair, coraline

close up of candies:

orange/green zoos:

oddly colored zoos:

yeller watchman goby: only resident of tank, works hard, pimps harder

mystery green sponge thing: if anyone knows what the hell this is, let me know, they're starting to pop up in more than one place

details: about 20#LR, bare bottom, 2x36w PC in DIY hood, 1x10000k, 1xactinic 03, mj1200 for circulation, float switch by www.californiareefs.com, 6" desk fan by Walmart, 75w ebo heater, $8.96 tank by Walmart...strange

·
Registered
214 Posts
latazyo - actually your tank does look good. If you were batting for picture perfect then I guess you would have removed the algae first. Still looks normal (on it's way!) now.

Minnreefer - it's a nano! otherwise it would be a bigger nano! ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
corals are beautiful, but the glass leaves somethign to be desired...I am thinking about going against all of my morals and adding a HOB, or if push comes to shove, a dreaded skimmer

minnreefer: I also have a 40BR, but that's as big as I have for SW

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks man -- I at least got to see the first pic.

Yea where I live dialup (or satelite) are the only options and on dialup the switching equipment is so old you can only get a snails pace for a connection.

Looks good. -- just take a razor blade to the glass.

I also got to see the Candy Coral --- very nice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice tank! I am really wanting to set up another one and will probably do a classic 10 gal.

What is the age of your tank?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
age of tank is about 6 months, no, it never gets cleaned because it is a holding tank until the 40br is set up, it will then become a "serious" 10g reef, in which it'll be clean (I built a refugium for it that's not installed yet)

·
Registered
585 Posts
the tank looks like it's acrylic, is it? If it is, the coraline will "eat" into the acrylic. Then you will have to buff it out.

Some people don't like putting their hands in the tank for various reasons. They make some great magnets for normal cleaning of the glass. Shoot, they even make then with a built in scrapper, and some that float.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts