The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone I finally have a pic of the Killer Crab that some of you remember in the Tokyo posts. I also have a pic of the new Home for wayward crabs. It's a 2.5 minibow and of course the founding fathers stature had to be moved over also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MsReeReee said:
wooooooooo that is one mean looking crab
And strong too.

Notice how big his one piece or LR is compared to him. He can actually jack that LR up and shift it around the tank at will.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Charles,

Do you mind sharing your crab-catching strategy with us?
I've been chasing a killer crab in my 90 - but so far the bait-and-grab with tongs technique hasn't worked. That little guy is suprisingly fast.

I've managed to catch a few (with lots of luck)... and usually put them in a wayward home too... but my wayward home usually houses a trigger too:D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get this guy I had to wait till he was up in a hole on the top piece of LR. I then dry docked about 25 corals and removed that monster piece of LR. We wondered out of the LR after being out of the water for only a min or two.

I went through a good 2 months of that crab toturing all my corals before I was able to get him. And I tried every method immaginable.

Hey if you have a wayward home that contains a Trigger isn't that an executioners bowl ???? :eek: Hey but I don't blame you one bit. Only thing that kept this crab alive is my 4 year old son who wanted him as a pet. :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't like to think of it as execution. I'm just encouraging natural biological processes.

Thanks for the info - but that's what I was afraid you'd say. I'll be patient and keep trying to catch the thing.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Man that is an evil looking crab.

You know, a mini-bow is really giving this criminal "the good life". Maybe you can set him up with a big-screen tv and a beer cooler for football season as well. Are you softening up on him?????

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
georgiajams said:
Are you softening up on him?????
Definatly NOT !!!

The old SpongeBob Tank developed a leak and the Minibow just better fits the theme inside my house. Well it sits right next to my Minibow Nano on the counter which seperates the kitchen from the dinning room. So they look good together.

And hey I still havn't given him any heat yet. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts