The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got some rock from someone tearing down a tank with some cool hitchhikers. Of course my cleanup crew wanted to get into the act too. Here's about a dozen photos, so I'll have to add them in additional replys. There's a couple things I'd like you to help me ID and verify I used the right names on the ones I did name. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some more. I plan on getting clams for my main tank in the future and wanted to transfer this tanks occupants to the main, but not if those are pyramidal snails.

Attachments

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Cool Pics! You don't get to see hermits out of the shell very often.;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Butch. I just realized none of the names transferred with the pics. Do the tiny snails look like Pyrimidal snails? Is the third pic in the second post some kind of Zoa or a Mojano?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looks more like a zoo to me, button polyp maybe.

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
The baby snails look like nassarius. The pyrimid snails have a lot sharper look to them; plus they're pretty close to pure white in color.

Agreed, 3rd pic 2nd post looks like a zoo.

·
Registered
401 Posts
They look like stomatella snails. I have quite a few(quite prolific) and they graze all day dont do quite the damage as a astrea but any nibbling is better than no nibbling ;) Or possibly a strombus. Look to big to be pyramid, although a shell shot would be helpfull too.

-Justin

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great replies everybody. I'm relieved that those aren't pyrimidals, so I can still plan on transferring everything to the main display once the rocks done curing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts