The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from out of town where I made some bucks. I went to the lfs and bought some stuff. First was a 620gph powerhead from rio to replace my old 116gph. I then took off to the other one just to see if they had anything new. To my suprise they had all new stock, so i picked up a frogspawn frag as well as a 'finger leather'. Not really too sure what it is but thats what the guy told me to call it. Pics will come tomorow. But I also need to know any information on these, like where they should be placed in the tank and lighting and whatever else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not heard of frogspawn, I look forward to seeing a pic of that, Is it me just being stupid or does it look like the name suggests.

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
hehe the frogspawn or torch or hammer coral can be a really cool looking
they are a LPS type coral so need very good lighting for the tank system.
VHO, MH .T5's ( a lot) so what type do you have?

Frog's can send out sweeper hand at night time so keep them at least 5 inches away from ANY other type of coral. there are a few color variations and the Euphllia genus has a lot in it.. the frog, torch , grape, pom-pom,anchor, a few others i belive but cannot recall all of them...

the leather will like a med to higher light also, but may do find in the lower lighting but not give much growth, the leather if you move it too much will get pissed and close , they can stay like that for a week. the flow for it is a try and see thing. mine looks the heavy direct flow on to it.

Soooooooooo lets see the buggers!

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
GREAT polyp extension, and in just 1 day! Very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts