The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or something else small that will fit on my 20 gallon bullet oval.

This was a tank that really wasn't built for a reef in mind, more like FW, but I liked the shape so well I bought it and tried to modify it :p

The main opening of the tank is large enough, but it's covered with the light hood. The only place I can hang equipment has an opening of only 1.5". I'm going to be setting this tank back up soon and would like to find some type of skimmer for it. I ran it w/out a skimmer for 3 years but it got decidedly lagoonal, lol, before I tore it down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alice

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did for 3 years and got tired of having to flush the rocks. It may be I will have to go skimmerless again and just accept that the maintainence is going to be higher than on my big tank.

One good thing though; the tank will be set up at home this time and I won't have to hide the fish food from my coworkers!

"But they looked hungry!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yup fishless --- who needs them anyway. Also makes for a huge pod population.

Also I basically used one piece of LR (extra large for the size tank). Every thing (corals that is) is attached to the one LR. So when I do maint I just pull out one rock and everything comes w/ it. Makes that LR maint thing much easier. Also everytime I attach another coral out comes the rock for some maint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.