The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....does ANYONE have a pic of TRUE AOG zoas? i have some that people keep tellin me are AOG but im not 100% convenced since i have see 3 different pics on the net of AOG zoas....

thanks guys....

I HATE IDING ZOAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12,311 Posts
"true" is a very misused/abused word in this hobby, and as already said, just becasue a coral isnt from the exact originally named colony, doenst mean it isnt as sweet, the exact same or even sweeter in some cases. The names are used as a general guiode to try to tell one polyp from another among collectors. If you didnt get it directly from the original named colony, or can not clearly trace it back to the original namer, then what you have isnt true. period.

people also have to understand the huge in tank morphs that polyps can go through making the same polyp appear at first glance drastically different

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=651

"true" aog's and have a white to yellowish mouth and the entire faces are black and red/hot pink nithout any lighter rings depending on your lights if you want to get technical. Here are a few of mine, but I certainly couldnt call them true as I dont even remember where I got them

http://www.coralpedia.com/index.php/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=651

· THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet zoas fly guy.....im not sure if mine are AOG or not....yall all look so BRIGHT....mine is more of a pale pink.....but the few tanks ive seen them that people say theirs are AOG look like mine....

mine have the colors of AOG just not that flashy pink center.....

12,311 Posts
Thansk for the kind words.

If yours are close...then they are an aog morph if nothing else. Like I said, the names are to keep the polyps apart in general. Many similar polyps may fall under the same name, but some are defintely nicer than others.

I have too much light to keep the aog's red, and you get the hot pink color, which is nice, but truly red polyps are a less common thing to see, as well as more striking IMO than hot pink. Like these :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.