The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Things are progressing nicely....

I just installed the 2 x 65w PC and 2 x 250 W 10,000K MH canopy and my Nitrites and Nitrates are climbing every day! Should be ready to add some snails, etc in about 1-2 weeks.

The reef fanatic level controller is AWESOME...no more coming home from work and dumping water in the sump....

I made 30 gallons of kalk and its so cool to see the PH click on when the level drops...

anyway, here are some pics..

Pat

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still looks a bit yellow for having 2 x 250 10,000K and actinic as well, but the bulbs are brand new, so we'll see.

The cusomsealife retro kit was great. Came with reflector, ballasts with all independent controls, all bulbs and free shipping....like 525$ total

Pat

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Looks good Pat more actinic would take out that yellow.:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought people had mentioned that the bulbs (MH) take a while to break in? I would think that 10,000K MH and 130 W of PC actinic should be fine for color......should I wait a few weeks and let everything break in?

Pat

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, since the tank is cycling, even with the skimmer, the water may have more dissolved organics and be yellow

Pat

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
All I can give you Pat is my opinion I have tried the 10k ushios I admit they are bright but after one month they were still to yellow for me Thats why I run 440 watts of blue VHO,I do agree with what you said though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...maybe I should have gone for the 20,000K......ahhh....it will work out. I can always add some more actinic later on

Thanks again for your input!

Pat

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Pat it looks great just watch it for about a month and like you said you can always add more blue like I did I just love blue:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts