The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after moving my rock work around and getting rid of the evil damsels I figured I would show a couple pics of the new items in my tank. I tried to get a pic of my blenny but he doesn't like coming out to play all that often.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
nice work seamonkey!

i have always liked your sand bed. it's not a straight line of sand across the tank. it has personality.

if i ever get the guts to buy another anemone in the new tank, it's gonna be one of the white ones with colored tips, they look so coool

you brown one. it might be trying to shield itself from flow coming off the front glass, that it doesnt care for. that's the only thing i can think of. mine used to do that as well. it would float around and then lodge itself against a rock with its foot towards the front. and the powerheads were pointed at front glass, so assumably they bounced off into his foot. which made me think he was shielding the rest of his body from the flow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well... either the anemone is trying to devour that large piece of live rock, or it thinks its from the planet Ork, and thus sits on it's head. :D
If you hear the sound 'nanoo nanoo' coming from your tank then that's a dead giveaway. :funny:

P.S. Cromagnum, I dig your Kids in the Hall sig. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice Goni!
Mine looks almost exactly the same, except the reds are a bit deeper due to it being under PC lighting.
I've got new lights on order though, so hopefully it'll brighten back up a bit.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'd be in heaven with pc lights. All I have now is 2 48" actinict blue and white 40watt bulbs and 2 18" 10,000k 15 watt bulbs.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wow, seamonkey... you're doing a great job with that lighting. :)
My Goni sits a bit lower in the tank than yours though... it spreads out so much (about 8" when fully open) that it would block out everything underneath it if it were up higher. :)
Lookin' good there! :beer:

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
If that is an LTA (which is what it looks like, the foot gives it away) it is not very happy, They do not attach to rock, rather they bury their foot in the sand up to many inches deep, prefering to attach it there to a hard surface or rock under the sand. Mine dug about 3.5" deep with it's foot. Keep a close eye on it, hopefully it is just in the process of moving itself but if it hasn't buried at all yet it might be struggling.

everything else looks good. :)

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
white is not the color you want for an anemone!
It seems to have lost its zoo...
I would feed it and feed it alot so some of its color comes back!
Its seems to be a BTA and it should be a brown or green color!
how long have you had it and was it white when you bought it?
What type and wattage lighting do you have???
The other anenome doesnt look to good either!!!

·
double cappuccino
1,633 Posts
I just read you have NO lighting!!!!
Yeah, I missed that too. Are your lights on in those photos (I had just assumed they were off)? Your LTA will not make it with that lighting. period. I'll let others comment on what your lighting needs truly are for the rest of the livestock, but it seems to be a setup for heartbreak. Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but 'tis true.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts