The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unlimited supply of these bulbs, as they come direct from Phillips. All are brand new and far below the price you'd pay at a retailer ($32). My cost is your price. Local pick-up or delivery only in the Atlanta area only. For those who are familiar with these bulbs, they favor the deep blue/purple color, and will help accent the purple coraline algea far better than the GE or Coralife bulbs. These bulbs are very hard to find at a reasonable price. Email me at [email protected] or call 678.575.1257 if you are interested.

Thanks.

Bret

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm an idiot. They are standard 45w, 48" flourescents (sp?) . I will check and see what else may be available, If you give me specifics on what you're looking for, I can check for you.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I use square pin ( :: ) compact flourescent lights, 65W (55W would work) in both 50/50 configuration (50% actinic and 50% 10,000K) and in full actinic. I don't care for the "coralife bulbs", don't like the look and for me, in my system, they seemed better at growing algae. I've been using Custom Sea Life bulbs but have been having a problem with them seperating at the base (the bases seems to seperate from the bulbs, they come apart), I like the look of the CSL ultra actinic (more blue look) and I like the growth/coloration that they give my corals but between the problems and the cost (here in Columbus especially) I'm ready to look for something else. Possibly either a different brand of compact flourescent or possibly even going to VHO if I can find one where I like the look of the actinic. I'll try and find out if my ballasts can power VHO as well as PC.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
I take it by the description that these are Normal Output (NO) 48" fluorescent bulbs, not PC bulbs that would have the single ended pins (neither square or linear configuration). Just to clarify.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts