The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 10 Posts

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My corals were looking awesome last week and i tested my levels and my PH was 8.2. only other thing in water that tests found was nitrate-30.

I came home yesterday and i could tell the smell in my house i had some levels that were off.

I started doing tests. nitrite- .50 nitrate- 60-80.

My ph was actually down to 7.7-7.8. does anyone have a good idea on what i can use to boost the PH?

I am not sure what spiked my tank other then my tank being new. (4 months going onto 5 months of having it up and running)

Slowly added fish as my levels hit 0.

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ammonia is at .25 or lower. Almost 0.

Maybe some snails? I haven't lost any fish...

I cant seem to find my star fish either so maybe him i will look into that tonight.

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
60 gallon. Probably to many fish 10 fish total. issue is a foxface and blue tang. both babies but will out grow tank. Rest of the fish are small clowns,damsels and gobys.

Testing with API test kit.

Cycled 3 weeks with water/arognite
got to 0.
Added 100 lbs of rock.
got to 0 after 1 month.
add 3 fish.
got to 0.
added 5 fish.
got to 0.
added 2 fish, 1 star, 7 corals.
spiked lvls.
took 1.5 months and got it back to almost everything stable. 30 nitrate was only lvl showing.

Salt- 1.023-24
PH was at 8.2 now 7.6.

Just did a 70% water change couple days ago because they suggested it from my algae boom/nitrate lvls.

Also just added a uv sterlizer last weekend.

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I understand jumped the gun on adding to many fish at once. I was suggested to do the water change and regret it. THings seemed way more stable before i did that. I will continue to watch it and do things in small amounts to help.

If any suggestions just let me know.

· Active Anemone
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oppppss i didnt mean 70% i ment 40% that was a typo i just noticed that after reading ur post again. It was 25 gallons of my 60 gallon tank.

1 - 5 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.