The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me...

The PH in my tank was a little low the other day so I used the PH Buffer i have my lfs to bring it back up and within 24 hours my healthy Green Chromi had died. He floated and didn't sink either which is unusual from other fish deaths I have experienced where they bury themselves in the sand.

Do you think the PH Buffer killed my fish or was that just a conincidence. If so does anyone know of any safe ways to raise your PH when it drops.

My pyjama wrasse has been hiding a fair bit over the past day and a half, so now I'm worried that he could be on his way out as well.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

All other water levels are fine it was jsut the PH that needed bringing up a bit, which I did but it seems like I may have killed a fish in doing so!

Thanks,

Louise.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
88 Posts
Maybe because he isn't used to the new ph and he usually is used to the PH he stays around with, Maybe becuase the buffer dissolve the Ph to quick and he didn't get himself acclimated with the new Ph level. But i would recommend you doing water changing instead of buying those worthless PH level buffer. Those cause ahrm to the systems sometimes you make a mistake, So try water changing next time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,466 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top