The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago, I had a niger trigger. What an incredible personality. I'd never seen anything like it. What a good pet, actually.

Now, I'm setting up a 13 gal curved front tank that will hold some xenia, one lawn mower blenny (I already have) and maybe some other corals. It seems to me the kinds of fish I can put in this size tank is limited by both gallons and having corals.

What reef safe fish have real personality????

I hear clowns have personality...do they really???

Pajama cardinals look like they just 'hang out' (whenever I see them in stores) and look like they have absolutely NO personality...is this true?

Do Royal grammas have personality???

Any others??

Appreciate any responses.

Michael

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clowns show great personality but it is mostly with their hosting and mating activities. In my opinion if you want to look for something you can put in that size tank with great personality then I would def. look at the Blenny family. I have a bi-color blenny and everyone that comes to my house says he is their favorite. He is so active and so funny how i props up on random things and darts in and out of little holes in the rock work. I think the funniest thing they do is, most the time they find a hole the wanna get in, they back into the whole instead of swimming in forward and then just poke their little heads out. I love my blenny and most all of them show this goofy behavior on and everyday basis.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As far as small fish go...I love my night watchman goby. It is a very interesting fish and always seems grumpy in a cute way : )

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am looking for the same but in a 180 gallon tank, I have a Vlamingii Tang and clown allready. I can hand feed my Vlamingii Tang, so it would be nice to find more fish like this that have personality, any ideas?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am looking for the same but in a 180 gallon tank, I have a Vlamingii Tang and clown allready. I can hand feed my Vlamingii Tang, so it would be nice to find more fish like this that have personality, any ideas?
My sailfin tang and foxface eat algea sheets out of my hand all the time. My zebra moray eel also eats outta my hand but I wouldn't recommend trying if you don't have experience with eels lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts