The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been asked by the local chapter of the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) to participate in their Jail and Bail event next month.

Basically they will put me in the slammer if I don't raise funds... my bail is set at $2500.00.

I would like to request permission to post my plea for bail money on the ARC general forum.

I have literature and forms from MDA, and a poster with my photo on it "Wanted".... complete with the striped hat and pajamas :)

I don't see it as being a problem or conflict with TRT or club rules but I'd like the BOD's blessing before I do this.

Also, if the BOD doesn't feel this is appropriate, I will understand too (but I'll be phoning each and every one of you for money on jail day :D )

Jenn

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I don't see it as a problem -- but hey I'm just one.

On the other hand I won't be donating because I want to come and visit you in jail and I'll even put 10.00 in your jail account. :D :funny: :D

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey - give to get me out, give to keep me in, I don't care, please just GIVE...

I'd like a majority of the BOD to please chime in on this before I put it out there - lots of views, few comments -- please folks, if I don't have the support of the BOD to do this, I won't.

But I WILL phone you from jail for money :D

Jenn

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Jenn --- You now have 3 votes out of a possible 6. Andy, Curtis, Myself.

Andy was one of the votes so you actually have 3 1/2 votes. That is more than 50% so go for it.

Charles

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Charles -- so many page views and not many comments. Bummer.

I'll post it later today.

Jenn

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Since I saw that there was a majority to go ahead when I read this thread this morning, I didn't add my comment which was/is: Go for it. Their a good charity.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.