The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if a percula clown would make a nice addition to my tank. My question is, will the clown eat pods? I also have some small slug looking things in the tank about 1/4 long or longer, will the clown eat them also? I want to find a fish that will not eat the above things, any suggestions will be great.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
Perc arent big pod eaters so you should be OK there, as for the slugs I doubt it but you need a better description to aid in ID :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
The 'slug-looking things' are probably flatworms, and it's a toss-up as to what will eat them. Some people have successes with Mandarins, some with Wrasse, but most usually end up at the LFS counter buying Salifert Flatworm Exit. :)
Try to post a pic of them if you can, and we can try to make a positive ID.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Do the slug looking things have a half shell? If so I believe the name is Stominella(sp) Correct me if im wrong about the name but if indeed this is them they are harmless and they do move rather quickly once they move. You will normally see them at night on the glass and rocks.

Hope Im right ehhe

Jeff

·
Registered
99 Posts
as far as i can tell our ocellaris leaves the slugs alone, and the way hes always eager for food at dinner, and the amount of pods in our tank, it doesnt seem like he eats many pods either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts