The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You have all them in your tank? I am surprised you don't have an all out war. I have a maroon clown in my 90g and he even chased my niger trigger around when I first added him. I really like tomato clowns just not sure I should try and add one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my tomato clown, is about 1" by 1", my first perc is about 2" long but 1" tall, my maroon is roughly 3" long and 2"tall and my new perc is about 1.5" long by .5" tall, i look at them now and im afraid they become mating pairs, will this happen or no.

They stopped now, thank god! So everyones peaceful, the lights are off and all is good.

Brandon

·
Registered
179 Posts
You may not have any issues as they are not mated pairs....I would not suggest trying to put clowns in the same tank, I did attempt this and they beat each other up until the new one had to be removed......

I added to a tank that had a mated pair already however.....

They may have stopped for now......but more than likely will start harrassment again.....keep a close eye........

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had good luck with my Clakin clowns. They stay together and they even sleep on the same anenome. They also feed there anenome. Alot of people said that it take awhile for them to make the anenome there home and even feed it. I have had good luck so far. On yours, I would suggest only having 2 at the most in your tank.....

-Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.