The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i seem to be having an issue iether understanding or getting my perameters just right, i have a 28g nano reef, PH 7.9(at night) KH 8.9, MG 1350 and Calcium 460 i have 3 inches of LS. 36lbs of puka something LR. hairy mushroom, frogspawn, whisker coral, and a large piece of green "love carpet" goniapora(my main piece in the tank that i want perameters to keep healthy) also one scooter blenny, ocelaris clown and a three stripe dascyllus(damsel) the only problem is i cant seem to keep my PH under control...i havent tested Co2 (yet) would it help if i added a plant of some sort? what can i do besides use any chemical buffer? Please help:cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tested PH in the evening at 7.9 and i use a hydrometer beings i havent baught a refractometer yet the hydrometer seems to be stable in comparison to refractometer oh and my SP is 1.0245

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did a side by side comparison at LFS with their refracto and a salinity of 1.025 and the hydrometer held true to the eye

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Forget about PH. Your reading of 7.9 is about average.

Keep calcium, alkalinity and magnesium in check and your PH will maintain itself at an acceptable level. There is no need to adjust PH only.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i thank you for the comfortable input could the high PH be because i have a closed top and co2 not escaping? like onland plants is there a sea plant that uses co2? i would like to adjust the ph alittle naturally so in some morning i dont end up with a dead goniapora and a neutral ph, i hope it is nothing to worrie about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts