The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pepermint shrimp from Greg on Saturday. He was looking good the few times I checked on him. Then the last time I checked on him I noticed that my starfish had a hold of him. Well for some reason pepermint shrimp don't last very long in my tank. I would like one, but I don't know what to do. So do I get a refund Greg? LOL Well atleast my starfish enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
get rid of the starfish! he, he! giggle just joking. that's too bad that the ppm ended up being food for your starfish. expensive food at that too.

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
thats not true i have shrimp in mine with a starfish also... what kind of star is it?? to keep the starfish from eating on things you have to hand feed it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Of course you get a refund for the shrimp. Just bring me the dead body and if it happened to be in the starfish I get to keep him. Also if your starfish is attached to any live rock or corals than I get to keep them too:dance: . At least we know now why your PS cant make it in your tank. Don't feel bad though I once put 6 of them in my 125 only to watch my Lunare wrasse eat them in less than 30 seconds. 6 x $7.99 =47.94 + tax. Now that was an expensive meal.:bawling:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a black brittle star. I hand feed him krill. I have a cleaner shrimp in the tank and he doesn't seem to bother it. I don't know what it is about ppm shrimp. So for a refund Greg I will have to give u everything in my tank? I think I will pass. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Brittle stars are known to sometimes be agressive, although I have no idea why he likes the taste of peppermint, but not cleaners.

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
i guess that explains it, i heard brittles are aggressive. i have a serpent and he seems pretty docile...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fine dont bring half your tank to me... How about free water for the next month or so, and I will try to order some combat trained PS to deal with your starfish. Of course there will be a small fee involved :funny:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Perhaps they taste minty? I had a chocolate chip starfish I had to get rid of because of his fondness for turbo snails. He was fine for months and then one day... mmm, escargot!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I know the brittle stars are aggresive. Kinda weird he is only aggresive toward ppm shrimp. I suppose the free water will do Greg. LOL. So are u going to put the new ppm shrimp through a vigorous training course to get them ready for my tank??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda funny. I just fed my plate coral a piece of silverside. First the cleaner shrimp stole it from him, then the starfish took it from him. Now it looks like they are both fighting for it. The shrimp is trying to take it back. I don't think he will though. Hopefully the starfish doesn't get pissed and just eat the shrimp. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts