The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 302w of PC light (2x96 and 2x55) on my 46 bow. Is this enough light for the frogspawns and torches I have? All corals are placed in the upper third of the tank. I'm having a problem with one of my green with purple tipped frogspawns, when fully extended the bottom of the tips are starting to become transluscent. Maybe I haven't noticed it before, and it's always been like that. Other than that, I've got a few other frogspawns, a hammer, and a candy cane. All of those corals have been looking great. I have 2 actinics on 11 hours a day, and 2 10k bulbs on 9 hours a day. All corals are fully extended during the day, and tips aren't losing any color at all. Thanks for any input.:beer:

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Your's running about 6.5 watts per gallon... I was running 5.19 over my 29... My LPS did ok at 5.19, but I have since put a 250 10,000K MH (for 8.6 watts per gallon) and the LPS seem to be really responding... With more watts, the colors are also a bit more brilliant, but that may be the spectrum or light intensity... HTH

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
It should be. We ran 4 x 96 PC on a 90 for years and kept a lot of LPS. Just keep an eye on it - one of our frogspawn branches is dividing into another head, and I thought it was dying for awhile before really, really looking at it.

Danielle

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I've presently got 110wt PC on my 20H. A small frogspawn frag I got 4 months ago has split and has "buds" growing at it's base. I've got it placed high in the tank, but I think you should do OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts