The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob has asked me for the password to our PayPal account. He says he needs it to set up an automated procedure for registering online and paying via PP. I don't understand why he would need the password but then I'm not experienced with the inner workings of the website. I'm reluctant to give it out because the person with the password potentially has access to all of the funds in our checking account.

I wanted to run this by you guys to get your input.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
My guess is that he needs the password to set up a pay now function on the website for membership. By having the email address and password, he can do this. Then when someone want to join, they can pay and the email notification will be sent to [email protected] and we can deposit the money into our account or get a check cut from paypal.

I don't see anything wrong with it....

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Sorry, I just opened a Paypal account and can only offer a few non-Paypal technical comments/suggestions.

Rick should transfer (at least monthly, maybe weekly) whatever funds get into the paypal account into the checking account.

By knowing the password, can Rob move funds from the checking account to the paypal account? And could he then transfer the paypal funds? :O

The more I think about it, the less I like it.

My 2 cents.

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lifestudent said:
By knowing the password, can Rob move funds from the checking account to the paypal account? And could he then transfer the paypal funds? :O
Yes, sort of. The PayPal account contains check routing information. I've always been told that you should keep this information private but it is on the bottom of every check so I don't think you can keep it too private.

I just don't see why he needs the password to set it up on the website. All he should need is the e-mail address.

Since there have only been two replies to this thread I'm assuming that no one else has a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I'll go ahead and send it to him.

BTW I'm leaving town from Wed-Sun. Not that I expect you guys to miss me but if I don't reply to something you'll know why.:)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Lets see --- by the bylaws I beleve I get Andys votes if he is absent so that means I get 2 1/2 votes. One more and anything I say passes. :D

Quick emergency BOD meeting.:funny:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts