The Reef Tank banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Registered
9,013 Posts
I never had to add pods to my tank. They came on my live rock. Sometimes I don’t see any during the day but see them if I use a light after it’s dark. Sometimes not even then. Eventually they show back up and usually in large numbers.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,988 Posts
I have large pods about 1/4 inche in size in my sump and overflow. But the eco pods I have never seen. I like the larger one’s better anyway. I was lucky and got my eco pods for free from Sean at algae Barn , I’ll buy the phytoplankton. But won’t buys pods again. They are so small I really don’t think my fish would eat them . Larger fish . Maybe my sixline wrasse but that would probably be it

· Reef Geek
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Need to get serious about fighting off these chrysophytes. Gonna start by raising the nutrients in the tank. They've been low for too long now. Skimmer is turned down to where it doesn't collect anything. Just using it for gas exchange. Going to take it easy on water changes also. I've also decided to do a 3 day dark period, Added 2 more bottles of coralline algae and began dosing Microbacter 7. I know the silicates from the new rock probably aren't helping either but nothing I can really do about that except let the tank run it's course.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts