The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a frag of what I believe to be brown button palys.. Had it for about two months now.. It's been growing maybe a new polyp every two weeks.. Recently some of the polyps have begun to turn green.. Is this normal? I just has my water tested at lfs and everything was spot on but my nitrates were a bit high.. I am working on lowering them. I use a high output t5 with a 10k daylight and an actinic blue for 8-10 hours a day. I am just nervous because I know these can be extremely poisonous if thy begun to die.. And I don't want to be killed by my tank :(

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
polyps will change color to their conditions, i would take it as a good sign that they are turning a prettier color.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks, I moved the frag a little bit today doing a change and I'm terrified that they spewed palytoxin into my tank hah

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
I would not worry so much about the paly's. As long as you are not destroying (crushing, cooking, etc.) them and you are taking the proper precautions (i.e. washing hands, not handling with cuts) you will be fine. I have a 34g tank full of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts