The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

If anyone remembers, my yellow tang had a tumor and I was worried about him, well the tumor is gone, (He made a full recovery) I'm guessing it popped or he scrapped it off.
I've noticed since, he has been a lot more social with me. Before, he hid every time someone approached the tank. Well today I noticed his lower abdomen is turning pale, he's breathing heavily and is going crazy in the front left corner of the tank? I don't know what's going on, I'm worried my little trooper is going to expire soon. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful. Here's the video I took of him:

<OBJECT width=320 height=265>
<embed src="<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ynr8uSFmJo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ynr8uSFmJo8&ampamphl=en_US&ampampfs=1&ampamprel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></OBJECT>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynr8uSFmJo8
Let me know what you all think.

I have a 220, with some snails and crabs, a diamond goby and this tang.
The water: Nitrate: 5.0-7.0
Ammonia: 0.0-0.25
pH: 8.3
Alkalinity and Calcium are good
Specific Gravity: 1.027
These water levels have been the same since I got him, and the goby is doing excellent! The tang doesn't really like the spirulina flakes, but eats his red and green nori on a regular basis, and gladly eats the mysis and brine(frozen) I put in for the goby.

Sorry about the long post, I'm just concerned. The tank has been up for about 2 months and I started it with nutri-sea water.
(300lb LR, 240lb LS, 220 skimmer, wet/dry)

I also did a 20% water change on Sunday, with RO/DI.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder why the video isn't coming up? I "cut and pasted" from youtube?

I hope he's doing that.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
WOW! That is one angry yellow tang. I agree with Frank-n-tank. You should turn off the lights and try to figure out why he's seeing his reflection in the glass. Maybe you need to change the position of some room lights or something. He is obviously trying to fight his reflection. He seems healthy, just very stressed and angry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd say your room may be too dark. It's brighter in the tank than outside. My tang, when I first put him in there would run and hide. Now I can't walk in the room without him noticing me. I don't know a lot, but he's really social.:rotflmao:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
That's aggressive posturing. He is tail swiping at his own reflection. Turn on the room lights or try pointing some lights towards the tank. You could also stop cleaning the glass for a short while.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Is your tank grounded? do you feed him nori?
Sorry, I feed him algae sheets, it's habbit to call it nori.

I think you all might be right, his nori clip is in that corner and I just cleaned the glass too!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what did I do wrong, as far as posting the video?

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
You did nothing wrong, you merely posted a link and I went ahead and embedded it. Some are hesitant to click on links or have older machines or OS that opening another window may slow them down. On youtube there is a embed link next to the video. I do not know if there is post count limit on embedding video.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You did nothing wrong, you merely posted a link and I went ahead and embedded it. Some are hesitant to click on links or have older machines or OS that opening another window may slow them down. On youtube there is a embed link next to the video. I do not know if there is post count limit on embedding video.
Hmm, I guess I didn't embed it correctly then. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Did you figure out why the tang was able to see its reflection and correct it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts