The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with ozonizers? I'm thinking of getting one,but I need more info.I have read you hook them up to your skimmer,but will any skimmer do? I have a cpr bakpak hang on.Then there are things like overdosing if you turn it up too high or forget to change carbon.What I'm really asking is:Are they very difficult to monitor? I have clear water but that organic dust is on the rocks and sand,I'd really like to get rid of it as well as making the tank look better it also kills bacteria.Please let me know of your opinions and experiences.

·
Registered
33 Posts
popper said:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with ozonizers? I'm thinking of getting one,but I need more info.I have read you hook them up to your skimmer,but will any skimmer do? I have a cpr bakpak hang on.Then there are things like overdosing if you turn it up too high or forget to change carbon.What I'm really asking is:Are they very difficult to monitor? I have clear water but that organic dust is on the rocks and sand,I'd really like to get rid of it as well as making the tank look better it also kills bacteria.Please let me know of your opinions and experiences.
I have been running ozone on my tank for the last 6 months. I use an ozone generator connected to my skimmer. I use a Milwaukee ozone controller to control how much ozone is used on my system. I also use carbon to clean the ozone from the air out of my skimmer, and the water coming out of my skimmer. Last thing you want is too much ozone in your house or in your tank :)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Yes it is good to have,really cleans the water!I have mine hook up to my ORP controller .You need the output of the skimmer to go thru carbon.Because any gets into the tank will kill things and too much in the air of your house will be bad for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts