The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 180 i bought was supposed to have the stand pipe installed but wasn't. how far below the tank water level should the drain opening be? should it have an elbow on top? a "u"? should it have a "tee" on top so it can have an elbow or "u" and still have an open top for air? pics of your standpipes would be great. since its raining today i figured i would get all the bulkheads installed and maybe the cls spraybar as well. thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
fjoseph72269 said:
the 180 i bought was supposed to have the stand pipe installed but wasn't. how far below the tank water level should the drain opening be? should it have an elbow on top? a "u"? should it have a "tee" on top so it can have an elbow or "u" and still have an open top for air? pics of your standpipes would be great. since its raining today i figured i would get all the bulkheads installed and maybe the cls spraybar as well. thanks for any help in advance.
THe height of the stand pipe is up to you. I say the inlet should be about half the way up atleast.

Here is on that I did for my hang on back overflow.
http://www.bigpudd.com/dog/tank/DSCF0018.JPG

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, this isnt for a hang on but i get the jist of it

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
HOB or drilled, the idea is still the same when it comes to stand pipes for the most part.
also if you do a search for Durso Stand pipe you will get some sites with really good info

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, i did a durso search and found exactly what i needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts