The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, ok, I love the Subaru Outback wagon, but my husband saw the Mitsubishi Outlander and he thinks it might be a better buy... I'd like opinions from current owners of these two vehicles... honest now, what do you think of them? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
Can only vouch for the Outback,,,my wife has a '05,,and she loves it!
(she had a '03 b4 this one)She likes hers,,,even the heated seat in summer, she said it makes for a nice ride home from the ER in the morning,,,,,
No problems with hers so far,,,
She waves to the other Subaru's sitting out in front of the factory it was made at (Lafayette, In.)when she drives down to Indy to visit family,,,

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe... is it a 4 cylinder? I've read that they're on the sluggish side, of course that was a few model years back... it's not a real big deal, but I have a Grand Prix with a 3800 V6 in it, so going to a 4 popper isn't real impressive to me, and I don't want to end up disappointed.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,193 Posts
Subaru...inexpensive and built to look that way.

Get a real winter car (rockchips and all).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Subaru Outback Wagon will also hold its retail value longer, better gas mileage and all-wheel drive. I tried to get my wife to buy one but she wanted the Chrysler Pacifica. I like the Subaru better then the Mitsubishi Outlander down here it just seemed to be over priced for what you got. But what do I know I have the Chrysler....

·
Retired Wanderer
17,193 Posts
abigtroutt said:
Subaru Outback Wagon will also hold its retail value longer, better gas mileage and all-wheel drive. I tried to get my wife to buy one but she wanted the Chrysler Pacifica. I like the Subaru better then the Mitsubishi Outlander down here it just seemed to be over priced for what you got. But what do I know I have the Chrysler....
How did it do in the snow this winter?

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Phishnoob said:

I had to laugh after my boyfriend at the time totaled my dodge shadow I ended up buying the ugliest Subaru Loyale station wagon (main reason I could finance it for 2 grand more than I bought it for) It had well over 100k on it I drove it for years then my Dad bought it from me, eventually it was GIVEN to my deadbeat cousin that drove it for a few more years I'm sure it would still be around if the little loser didn't enter it in a demolition derby when he didn't need it anymore

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha! I did look at the Pacifica's for a while, but they're so big! They look big anyways... I prefer the subaru myself. Oh, the Outlander has all wheel drive as well...

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
I agree with perry. Get an X5

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Twitterbait said:
Nah... Toyota all the way.
All and all I have to agree with Twitterbait.....TOYOTA all the way. When my step father passed away last year, I advised my mom to buy a Toyota Camery, and she loves it and it gets awsome gas mileage!! And I wanted to make sure she was safe and had a reliable vehicle.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
meh, I want more ground clearance and all or 4 wheel drive, without having to buy a topheavy SUV. If I'm going to just drive a car then I'll stick to my Pontiac!

oh and no, we're not starting Car Wars! lol!

·
Administrator
46,680 Posts
abigtroutt said:
All and all I have to agree with Twitterbait.....TOYOTA all the way. When my step father passed away last year, I advised my mom to buy a Toyota Camery, and she loves it and it gets awsome gas mileage!! And I wanted to make sure she was safe and had a reliable vehicle.

I have a couple frieds that drive v6 camerys, nice road cars but the mileage sux at low 20s. My wifes Grand am gets 30 hiway compared to mine but hers is a 4dr power everything vs my coupe with small 4 and 5 spd
I am not a subaru fan, I like real 4WD but with gas what it is, the sub with 4 cyl is a good bet

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I haven't had a chance to drive in snow in over 15 years and even to test an all wheel drive vehicle would be good only for the rainey season. The lay out of the land here looks like this ____________________________________________________________ The Chrysler looks big and feels roomy and has a nice and quite ride... since Mercedes and Chrysler merged you can see and feel Mercedes had a hand in the design of there new line of vehicles... My only advice would be If it has a good safety rating and you like it then buy it. Because if you don't love the car your in, then you won't enjoy driving it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts