The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maiden Flight of a Model B-52

Actually has 8 "real turbine engines" which cost $1500 each!

It took over 2 years to build. It has a wing span of about 22 feet and takes multiple pilots, as there are so many things to control.

Check out the movie link below to witness it's maiden flight...

http://www.mcgirt.net/RC/VIDEOS/Giant_B52/B52_flight2.wmv

·
No frags for you!
948 Posts
That's really cool.

I wasn't hoping, but kind of expecting there to be either a 22ft wide fireball, or else a strange 22ft wide entanglement of balsa wood and metal uncontrollably hurtling out of control somewhere in that clip.

I give that landing far more respect than landing the real thing. No instrument panel or computer helping you, just gut feel and nerves of steel. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I Want It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Kinda dissappointed. No hammerheads, no snap rolls, not even an inverted flat spin. This video kind of makes me miss this hobby but my savings account doesn't miss it at all. Althought i think i now have more wrapped up in the reeftank hobby. I guess i don't really want to figure it out either way :lol:

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
hink said:
Kinda dissappointed. No hammerheads, no snap rolls, not even an inverted flat spin. This video kind of makes me miss this hobby but my savings account doesn't miss it at all. Althought i think i now have more wrapped up in the reeftank hobby. I guess i don't really want to figure it out either way :lol:

Your right, somethings are better left unknown......

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
David Grigor said:
Your right, somethings are better left unknown......
I use to keep a logbook where i kept track of everything i spent on this hobby........needless to say i figured out pretty quick that was a bad idea....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Havre said:
I use to keep a logbook where i kept track of everything i spent on this hobby........needless to say i figured out pretty quick that was a bad idea....
I did the exact same thing and also stopped very early.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just talking about it makes me sick, so how about them Oilers:funny: (2006 Stanley Cup Champions;))?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts