The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a specific type of rock for my freshwater tank, I have a few pieces of this stuff already but I got it with the tank that I bought off someone. The rock looks like lava rock, but larger. Has the regular crater look to it and has brownish, redish type coloring. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where I could get some? Thanks.

Lee

·
Registered
723 Posts
Lee, I've seen that stuff in Pet Supermarket (there's one in Toco Hills and another at N. Decatur and Scott) It's been a while, though, so no promises! Not my favorite store in the world (staff have no regard/little knowledge about the fish, and prices are cranked out the roof...)

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
If it is what I think you are talking about, Marine Fish has a large selection of it in various colors.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That is sounding like some that i picke up from avarium when i had cichlid tank..
sounds like a store tour coming up..lol.
good luck finding some.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah schwaggs you are totally right with MF having some, I actually bought some from them when I was there 2 days ago, but unfortunately I couldnt really stock up cuz I was getting it from their tanks, they had just ran out of when they had in dry stock. Thanks Jessezm, I'll check those out. Tony, it can be light; thanks I wouldnt mind scoopin them up from ya, whens good for you?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
like I said... I only have the two small pieces but youre more than welcome to them. John (theplatypus) and I are meeting at Cap Bay at 1:30 tomorrow if you'd like to join us. I can bring them with me if you do. Let me know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts