The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Chanchu. Scheduled to hit Hong Kong directly in about 72 hours. If it stays on course it should be a heck of a ride!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yuck.....I've been through several hurricanes and know they can be no fun. Good luck to you. Stay safe.
-Dawn (&Tom)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never been in one, but I have seen the aftermaths. They get a few a year here, so they prepare well. But everyone is saying this is going to be a big one!

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Good luck and stay safe Colonel. Never been through one either but not sure if I would want to either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good luck. How far from the water are you?

Keep us posted - if you could SAFELY take some pics that would be cool. I've never been in a hurricane and I'm pretty sure I don't want that on my resume.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Were in for one heck of a ride if it hits us Colonel. Luckily I'm near the water, should get front row tickets. And don't stand near windows...had mine blown out..living 70 floors up doesnt help:banana: :nuts: .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hong Kongan said:
..living 70 floors up doesnt help:banana: :nuts: .
Going through the experience of a hurricane is one thing, doing it 70 floors up is nutz.:nuts:

Good Luck and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hong Kongan said:
Were in for one heck of a ride if it hits us Colonel. Luckily I'm near the water, should get front row tickets. And don't stand near windows...had mine blown out..living 70 floors up doesnt help:banana: :nuts: .
Yeah, I am near the water, but can not see it, my apartment faces the pool. It is a 56 story building, and I am on the 1st floor! (Still about 40 feet up though) Looks like about 5:00 on Wednesday, I have seen two different projected paths, one shows an almost direct hit to Hong Kong, the other about 50 miles North. Either way they are saying it should be strong, 8-10 on the Typhoon scale, which is equivilent to a catagory 5 hurricane!

BTW, I went by that place to told me about in Wan Chai, but I should have called first, as they were closed on Sunday. :doh:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dwayne said:
Going through the experience of a hurricane is one thing, doing it 70 floors up is nutz.:nuts:

Good Luck and stay safe.
Alot of people live that far up here, you would not belive how many 50, 60, and 70 stoty apartments are around here. I have heard it is actually safer up there, as less chance of debris blowing out you windows.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Did't your company have some buisness in Beijing? The summer pallace is nice in the Spring before the Summer sets in...Great wall, BeiDaiHe, mantis shrimp by the bucket, I read they were actually going to clean up the Forbiden City as well...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
good luck JP hope all goes well for you. let us know as soon as possable after the storm that your ok and still in one piece.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts