The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this lil dude on Craig's list too.... Knowing we have pet people on this site, I thought someone may be interested....I do not know this person however.

Adult Bearded Dragon and cage - $125

<HR>Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-05-15, 11:52AM CDT

I have an adult Bearded Dragon for sale. He is very healthy, friendly and can even be hand fed. He will eat just about any suitable live prey, vegatables/fruits, and if really hungry dried dragon chow. He usually eliminates on a small ceramic plate that I put in the tank, this makes for very easy clean up. He has been neglected as of late so I am willing to sell him to any responsible owner who will take good care of him. You get the dragon (about 2 years old), a 30 gallon all glass tank with sliding screen lid, halogen UVB heat light and reflector, driftwood, feeding dish, water dish, small cave, heatrock, and calcite sand all for $125.
  • no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
<TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>
</TD><TD align=middle>
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just thoughted I'd let anyone know who is interested in getting a bearded dragon that this one is very thin and looks malnurished. Also, a 30 gallon tank is not suitable for an adult bearded dragon. $125 really isn't that cheap for all that stuff, especially since it is unhealthy and you will need to buy a new tank. (I breed them, and the condition of this one bothers me).​

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel sorry for him. :( The owner says he has been neglected lately. :angry: Hope someone can rescue him...maybe someone with no cash worries will find the ad and rescue him.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I would say he is recoverable, but if the guy can not care for him he should consider a more reasonable price. 30 gallon tank is kinda small too.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Rescuing is not something you charge some one to do. I have never paid for a coral/fish that needed rescuing.

If some one pays this person, he will just do it again and again.

Sorry. I am not going to say more, its just sad.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HFG said:
Rescuing is not something you charge some one to do. I have never paid for a coral/fish that needed rescuing.

If some one pays this person, he will just do it again and again.

Sorry. I am not going to say more, its just sad.
This is a valid way of looking at things....I agree.
I just feel sorry for the little guy. I'm too soft hearted.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well, the parents here should know; some times the hardest love is sticking to your guns for the big picture. :(
If it wasn't a sale and a true rescue I would be there now and calling some one like smeeze looking for advice or a new germinate home if the task was beyond me.

It is a beautiful creature, to be sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts