The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everone. I ordered my new 58 Gall Oceanic RR Tank Light Oak and Light Oak Oceanic stand from a new LFS Sea Dreams in Savage. I paid cash for it. The owner said he would contact me in the next couple of days to tell me when the tank and stand would come in. Well a couple days passed and I heard nothing. I tried stopping by there on Sunday. They were closed when I got there @ 1:00pm. Their sign said they were open @ 12:00? I waited till Monday and tried calling both phone numbers listed on the top of the receipt. I got a message saying both lines had been temporarily disconected. I'm starting to freak out pretty bad at this point so I drive down to the store. Thank good the open sign is on. I ask the owner when my tank would be in. He said not until the end of August at the earliest!!! Six weeks to get a standard oceanic 58 RR Tank and Oak Stand? This does not sound right to me. I figured possibly a week and 2 weeks would have been the max. I have worked in the aquarium industrie in the past and I can't beleive this is correct. Please let me know what you think.

Chris

·
Registered
210 Posts
yepp,
sounds fishy to me especially since wilsons has them on thier two day list, I would go another route if possible. By the way was his price fair even with the wait?
GL,
Matt

·
Registered
260 Posts
If Wilson has the tank in stock, it should only take a week, tops. If Wilson does not have one in stock it is quite possible it could take a while to get them from Oceanic. Oceanic is not the fastest in fulfilling orders. This is usually more of an issue on larger, or custom tanks. A 58 is pretty standard, so I would not anticipate a huge delay. Keep hounding them and ask if they get the tank from Wilson and what the story on their end is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did want the tank to have Light Oak Trim and a Light Oak stand. Maybe this trim style is a custom order. Anyone out there know if Wilson has this currently in stock?

Thanks for all the help.

·
TCMAS MEMBER
1,153 Posts
Wilsons ?

you wont get in :)

its a warehouse, and you dont see nothing.

Chris, call up Something Fishy, maybe even World of fish, they might have a 58 in stock ??

Savage isnt a far of a drive to those two places.

sent you a PM btw

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a 58gal RR Oceanic Tank for $350.00 and an Ocean Oak Cabinet Stand for $280.00. I'm going to stop by there tonight (with my wife who is not to happy with Charles) to see if we can't straighten things out.

Chris

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
Aqualand on Chicago and 53rd has pretty good prices and selection - better than SF or WoF. They are super to work with, too. Not much of a saltwater selection though.

Also, Forest Lake pets is likely the best price around if you don't mind a little drive...They quoted me almost 20% less than SF on an AGA 120 and stand.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I found when looking for oak stands for our Oceanic 110, it was at least a few weeks out for delivery (particularly for the canopy). Pine seemed to be readily available. Stand and canopy were $800+ thru world of fish, if I recall correctly (we wound up having one made). Charles seems to be a great guy to me, but by no means great on price. I think even Petco carries the Oceanic line these days, altho ordering thru them might be even worse!
HTH,
Sean

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well,

I went to Sea Dreams and talked with Charles. I guess there was some mis-communication and everything has been sorted out. I will have my tank by August 4th. Thanks everyone . I should be able to sleep soundly tonight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.