The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
It goes off of how many lbs you ordered.
Appears to be $3.15 per lb....they will send you pieces that reflect how much you ordered.

ex. - 5lbs- probably going to be just 1 rock or a couple smaller pieces.
50lbs - they will choose assorted pieces that appear to fit decently together.

If you ever get a chance to make it to a reef convention where Marco Rocks would be set up...WOW..what he can do with a few rocks in just a few minutes is so cool...then you can just buy that setup he just created right there.

·
My reef tanks my wallet.
925 Posts
So I just ordered 4 of these from MarcoRocks http://www.marcorocks.com/dry-rock/key-largo-prime-cuts-by-the-pound/
But I am a little unsure of what exactly I should be expecting. Should I be expecting 4 rocks? Or 4 of the packages that are pictured? Anyone that could provide some insight it would be appreciated, just curious how many rocks I should be expecting.
If you ordered 4, you ordered 4lbs. You will likely get one rock, possibly two.

These are great rocks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking for some shelf rocks for awhile but have not been able to find any that I like and I stumbled upon these and liked the shape and everything so when they come in I will have to place another order for a couple more if I am happy with them.

·
My reef tanks my wallet.
925 Posts
I have been looking for some shelf rocks for awhile but have not been able to find any that I like and I stumbled upon these and liked the shape and everything so when they come in I will have to place another order for a couple more if I am happy with them.
I'm pretty confident you will be happy. I ordered these for that same reason and they are awesome! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I bought flat cut shelf rock from them, and then also added some single sided rocks. I stuck them all together to create my own coral formation with nice flat shelving... I think it came out good. It will look better after a year of growth, as this tank is only five months old now.... The formation is 24" top to bottom, and sits in a 4-5" sandbed...

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say..... do NOT order their sand.... Florida sand is VERY silty... and we fought it and rinsed it, and fought it, and rinsed it. The sand is just to silty to be usable, so save yourself the money and find another vendor for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts