The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered them last night cuse I was supposed to be off from work tomorrow so I figured I would be here to acclimate them and I just got called into work tomorrow, I don't know what time they will arrive and I have no idea what time I'll be home, do ya think they will be OK until the end of the day? I ordered Turbo's some Cerith's, Peppermint shrimp's and hermits, what do ya think, will they be OK until I get home from work?

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
Usually delivery for livestock is before 10:30am as for the live stock if packed well and your weather condions are not to cold/hot if package is left outside you should be fine the sooner the better of course

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I just had some livestock delivered from them. The box got delayed in Tennessee overnight. I had clowns & crabs in the order. Long story short.they were fine, even having in transit for ~ 48hrs. Your CUC should be fine.

Take your time to acclimate......crabs and snails are very sensitive to PH changes.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Obviously shorter is better, LOL! Most shipments arriving into the US from the S. Pacific are in transit 36-48 hours. We've also had some of our outbound shipments delayed for various reasons. With 40 hours heat packs even during winter/snow storm delays almost everything was fine. They only time we've had issues was when we had delays during the summer with extreme heat. Looks like your daytime temps are pretty mild right now, so I expect you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
I had a few hundred dollars worth of fish left over in Tennessee one time. Two boxes from the same company and they left the bigger box behind. Lol. Go figure. Anyways everything was still alive. Barely. But alive. Fish and cuc

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I did the build your own, I only got like 15 snails and 5 hermits but I got 8 peppermint shrimp cuse I has this stinkin aptasia problem so I'm hoping that they munch these things up cuse the Filefish isn't making a dent in these things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts