The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
Ouch! That stinks.

I'm not to surprised though. I've had that happen quite a few times, when I placed corals to close to each other.

· Forever Reef
2,326 Posts
i cant see any SPS coral hurting another type of coral..only very few SPS carry toxins..most have none at all

· Premium Member
7,439 Posts
i cant see any SPS coral hurting another type of coral..only very few SPS carry toxins..most have none at all
All corals, even all SPS corals, carry toxins. They keep venom in their nematocysts, and/or toxic digestive fluids in their mesenterial filaments. They can and do use these toxins for self defence or battles over real estate. The reef top / SPS environment can be a very violent battle ground.

· Forever Reef
2,326 Posts
All corals, even all SPS corals, carry toxins. They keep venom in their nematocysts, and/or toxic digestive fluids in their mesenterial filaments. They can and do use these toxins for self defence or battles over real estate. The reef top / SPS environment can be a very violent battle ground.
didnt think they could hurt a LPS or soft coral.

· The Watcher
2,053 Posts
ughh that sucks.. sorry to see that, they should recover fine though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.