The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I recently found out that my family will need to temporarily relocate to the UK. Amazingly, the most difficult problem for us to solve is our reef tank. We would prefer not to sell it, as we are likely to return in 3-6 months, and love our tank.

How do people handle this stuation? I don't have enough friends that are willing/capable of caring for the tank while we are all gone. Also imagine a service would be very expensive?

Are there fish sitters? People who would allow our tank to be relocated to their house temporarily?

Thanks for your advice!

jeff

·
Banned
2,520 Posts
How large is the Tank??

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Jeff, if you have an excellent relationship with an LFS, they might be willing to house it at their store for a few months. I knew of one that did this.

And WELCOME to TheReefTank!

Bob

·
Monkey Man
409 Posts
I am in Lawrenceville, if the tank isn't too big I can "house" it till you get back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW. We have been so stressed over what to do. I never expected to find so many offers for help.

It is a 55 gallon corner tank with stand. 250watt MH (but have old PCs too if mounting a pendant is a problem). I dont have a calc reactor or anything too fancy. Just a sump, some powerheads, a Euroreef protein skimmer..

Livestock are two false perculas, a lawnmower blenny, and a fairy wrasse.

Lot of soft corals: Green, Blue, Orange Ricordia. Elephant ear and purple shrooms. Frogspawn, hammer, chubby plate, open brain, star polyps,yelloe leather, Xenia, Moon Coral (Favites), cup coral, button coral, a small blue acropora, and a rose bubble tip anemone. Clearly, not everything will fit over time.

Oh and a cleaning crew of course.

I think it would be best to move the tank to someones house that's comfortable caring for the critters.

Could anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

And thanks so much!!!

jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts